Though employers are developing ways to combat the employee engagement statistics, the staggering number remains: only 31% of employees are engaged. Luckily, the employees are being far more vocal in what they want to see in an employer and who attracts their best, most inspiring work. One of the top requests?
More than half of Americans are looking for a company who is socially responsible, even over a pay raise.
Considering the increase in productivity and job satisfaction experienced when these types of programs exist, it seems these job seekers know exactly what they need.
Employee Engagement Stats:
- 64% of employees who volunteered in this study said volunteering with their coworkers strengthened work relationships.
- More than 90% of the surveyed companies listed improved employee engagement among the top three benefits of a workplace volunteering program.
- 55% of professionals stated “they are in a job where they can make a social or environmental impact on the world.” Of these respondents, 49% report higher satisfaction levels than those who do not have impact opportunities at work (24% satisfaction rating).
- 93% of employees who volunteer are somewhat or very satisfied with their employer.
- 96% of employees who volunteer report the company culture where they work is somewhat positive or very positive.
- Those that volunteer report experiencing improvements in their mood, stress levels and overall health while also feeling a renewed sense of purpose.
- 91% of surveyed corporate human resources executives believe that pro bono service would add value to training and development programs, and 90% agree that contributing business skills and expertise to a nonprofit can be an effective way to develop leadership skills.
- 97% of employee-volunteer managers felt corporate volunteerism improved teamwork within teams.
Employer Branding Stats:
- 56% of Americans would choose to work for a socially responsible company, even if the salary would be less than at other companies. That number jumps up to 62% when it comes to Millennials.
- 77% of Millennials said a sense of purpose is part of the reason they chose to work for their current employer.
Stop waiting for the ‘right time’ to implement change. The time is now. Take initiative and participate in volunteering, during national volunteer week!
Building a Corporate Philanthropy Program?
7 Qualities An Outsourced Vendor Should Have