GivingTuesday NOW - Join the Movement
#GivingTuesdayNow Is Taking Place On May 5, 2020 As An Emergency Response To The Unprecedented Need Caused By COVID-19.
May 5th is just around the corner, and we wanted to ensure you knew about this groundbreaking day of giving and unity in support of communities affected by COVID-19. We also want to share the tools you need to make this day as successful as its December counterpart.
#GivingTuesdayNow is about giving of all types and historically, it has been a busy first Tuesday of every December for us here at CyberGrants. Our hope is that this additional day of giving provides all of us the opportunity to come together and give back in response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
Ways to join the Giving Movement: From monetary contributions to small gestures of kindness – everything matters.
- Give to your favorite cause or a fundraiser to help those in need.
- Discover a local fundraiser, community drive or coordinated event to join others in your area or with your same interests in giving back – they need your help.
- Share kindness with your neighbors – check on those who are alone and may need help with errands or just a friendly voice to talk to.
- Show gratitude to healthcare workers, service providers, and other essential workers who are making sure we still have the services we rely on, even at risk to their own health.
- Post a poster or sign of support for your community workers, neighbors and passers by to cheer them up and on.
- Share a quick tutorial that offers up a skill or lesson to help others discover something new or helps students add to their at-home learning.
- Encourage others to share kindness and be generous during this time.
Last week we had the opportunity to have a conversation with Woodrow Rosenbaum of GivingTuesday as a part of our Coffee Talk series. He shared some helpful advice with our audience on how to get involved in GivingTuesday NOW and insights into the spontaneous innovations around civic engagement and generosity that have emerged since COVID-19. To listen to the recording and learn more about how individuals and corporations can make an impact on May 5th and beyond, listen here.
There is no better time than GivingTuesday NOW to kick off giving programs for your company or encourage employees to participate in this momentous day in new and different ways. Whether you choose to donate virtual volunteer hours from company sponsored events, offer employee giving match programs or simply identify focus areas that align with your corporate values, there is no better time to start rallying your workforce around how they can help unite and heal communities during these unprecedented times.
Created in 2012 at New York’s 92nd Street Y and incubated in its Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact as a day to do good, GivingTuesday has grown into a year-round global generosity movement with leaders who have launched more than 200 community campaigns across the U.S. and national movements in more than 60 countries. At the grassroots level, people and organizations participate in GivingTuesday in every single country in the world.
How To Participate:
To learn more and participate in #GivingTuesdayNow global movement, visit:
GivingTuesday website: now.givingtuesday.org
Twitter: @GivingTuesday and #GivingTuesday
For youth interested in joining the movement, visit GivingTuesdayKids.org for inspiration and project ideas